7.11.2008

Dear Advisor,

Since there's a chance we may
not catch each other before my move, I wanted to update you on my
progress and plans.

I'm still working on my Walker & Bambara chapter. My laptop crashed
three weeks ago; although I recovered my documents, it's taken me
awhile to find a replacement, so I'm a bit behind. (I'm borrowing a
computer until I move.) I'll send a copy of the chapter by August 1st
at the latest.

I am moving to Carlisle on August 1st and starting my job on August
4th. Lately, I've noticed that, even in the midst of my computer woes
and move preparations, your advice to write a little bit every day is
the only solution. So I hope to be able to check in with a complete
draft of the dissertation by the end of the summer and revise in early
fall.

Please feel free to email with any thoughts you have in the interim.
if you'll be available before the 1st, I'd love to meet in person to
talk about how to handle the final stages long-distance and to check
in about the more recent work.

take care,
Susannah

No comments:

About Me

My photo
"To live is so startling. It leaves but little room for other occupations." -- Emily Dickinson