Thanks so much for your message. You made it explicit but I have
lately been thinking that I should split the Lorde and Rich chapter.
Doing five chapters as you outline makes the most sense and I will
table Rich until I can do a similar project excavating white
anti-racist feminism.
Here's what I'm thinking:
Susannah Bartlow
'Vulnerability As Armor': Embodied Spiritual Commitments in Walker,
Lorde, and Bambara
Introduction: Vulnerability As Armor
Chapter One
'A strange way of trying to get well': healing civil rights trauma in Meridian
Chapter Two
Healing civil rights trauma in The Salt Eaters
Chapter Three
The arithmetics of loyalty: Audre Lorde and poetic justice
Chapter Four
Open your heart: Alice Walker's spiritual transitions
Chapter Five
'A self-conscious life': Audre Lorde's late work
Conclusion
**
This is empowering. I don't think our schedule needs to change--I
will have the Meridian chapter, possibly also the Salt Eaters, to you
by August 1st as planned. Meridian research is done; I am doing some
Salt Eaters trauma theory research but should be able to whizz through
the writing process and submit a full draft by Sept. 1.
Thanks again--I will be working, so don't hesitate to get in touch if
you have any additional thoughts or questions.
Susannah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- susannah
- "To live is so startling. It leaves but little room for other occupations." -- Emily Dickinson
No comments:
Post a Comment