7.17.2008

pros and cons

MOVING EARLY PROS AND CONS

PRO

1. I start work on August 4th. I could be in Carlisle as early as July 27th, thus more time to unpack and get settled.
2. It also makes me feel more justified in towing my car, since I'd probably drive down alone.
3. Since I asked my landlord about this when I signed the lease, it probably puts me on slightly better terms with her if I snap up the opportunity rather than saying "oh thanks for pulling that together but I'm good, actually, I'll see you July 31st."

CON

1. If I go early, I have less time in Buffalo to say goodbye.
2. Less chance that Liz can come with me seamlessly.
3. Less time to pack, close things up, clean, etc.: a week vs. two weeks.
4. I might be pretty lonely the first week or so until things pick up.

Thoughts? Please? I can't decide.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
"To live is so startling. It leaves but little room for other occupations." -- Emily Dickinson