3.31.2008

well, when you put it that way, it sounds like a lot.

Dear (adviser),

I hope all is well with you. I wanted to send you information about a
few presentations I'll be doing in the coming weeks, with apologies
for the short notice--I have been overwhelmed with Gender Institute
logistics and am just now getting to the more individual side of my
conference work. I understand this is a busy time of the semester for
everyone.

Gender Across Borders is this weekend, April 4th & 5th and the
complete conference schedule is here:
http://www.genderbuffalo.org/content/view/248/29/

I'll be presenting on Saturday from 11-12:30 during a panel on
feminist ethics in the Natural Sciences Complex room 205. My paper is
titled "Ebb and Flow: The Future of Feminist Intervention." I'll be
exploring the work on Walker's embodiment through some theorization
using black feminism, critical race theory, and a little bit of my
own open speculation. It's the result of the last month or so of
processing the argument in the Walker chapter--it ended up on this
panel for a variety of logistic reasons, so I'm doing some
contextualization to make it fit, which of course is never a bad
thing.

I'm also presenting at NeMLA the following weekend, during Session 3
on Friday, April 11 from 10:15-11:30 a.m. My panel is titled Poetic
Justice: Radical Women and the Language of Community and will be held
in the Boardroom at the NeMLA hotel. I'll be presenting some
preliminary work on Lorde & Rich.

I also was extended the opportunity to introduce Masani Alexis'
keynote speech on Friday night at 7pm in the Grand Ballroom.

I have my work cut out for me in the coming weeks but it's a very
exciting time! I hope to see you at some of these events but
regardless, appreciate your support as always, and will send you some
more polished version of one of these two papers by April 30th.

take care,
Susannah




--
Susannah Bartlow
Graduate Assistant
UB Gender Institute
216 Harriman Hall
3435 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214
716.829-3451
sbartlow@buffalo.edu
http://www.genderbuffalo.org

No comments:

About Me

My photo
"To live is so startling. It leaves but little room for other occupations." -- Emily Dickinson