10.01.2007

a more proper title; tapes vol. 2

forgot that I have to go to North Campus tomorrow to post flyers for the Gender Chip project. may as well concede that I'll work awhile on Gender in the morning then come back and write in the afternoon.

or perhaps vice versa.

ahem, volume 2.

DJ Cam--Underground Vibes (side A); Portishead--Portishead (bits) (side B)
Pema Chodron tonglen meditation tape # 1, 2, & 3, from David Rabin at NPR, so the tapes are actually old NPR in-house tapes he cribbed over
P.M. Dawn--Of the Heart, of the Soul & of the Cross: the Utopian Experience (side A); Albright College radio stuff, including, I believe, the now-legendary show with The Cranberries' first album, the first time I ever heard the Trashcan Sinatras, and "some new stuff from a great new band called Radiohead"
The Soul Cages--Sting (side A); U2--The Joshua Tree (side B)
60s soul & funk (side A); psychedelic music (side B)--one of Chris' efforts to convert me
Tim Buckley--Lorca (side A); Nick Drake--Pink Moon (sides A-B); Tim Buckley (Peel Sessions) (side B) (note to anyone's ex-boyfriends: don't send music you used to make love to after you break up, it can get confusing)
Indigo Girls--Strange Fire (side A); The Innocence Mission (side B)
Echo & the Bunnymen--Songs to Learn & Sing (side A); Hoodoo Gurus--Mars Needs Guitars (side B, which I don't think I have ever listened to)
1995 PMEA District 10 Orchestra
Can--Future Days (side A); The Red Krayold--Hazel (side B)
Luna--Pup Tent
Sound & Spirit radio show about Rumi
Gill Scott-Heron--The Revolution Will Not Be Televised
Jim O'Rourke (side A); Yellow Oriental Gypsy (side B)
Smashing Pumpkins--Lull
Creedence Clearwater Revival--Chronicle
Happyfuncoolgroovin Music Mix by Chris
The Police--Synchronicity (side A); Jane's Addiction--Ritual de lo Habitual (side B)
The Cure--Disintegration (oh my)
Beastie Boys--Check Your Head
The Jesus & Mary Chain--Automatic (oh yeah)
Sugar--Beaster
They Might Be Giants--They Might Be Giants
Tricky--Maxinquaye (side A); Millenium Tension (side B)
Sugar--Copper Blue (one of the best purchases I ever made, thanks to 120 Minutes)
Bach: Double violin concerto & concertoes 1 & 2 with Perlman & Stern
Elvis Costello
KMFDM, Ministry (side A); Nine Inch Nails--Broken (side B) (ah, junior year of high school)
Stravinsky--Firebird (complete, not highlights) & misc
Red, Hot & Blue
David Sedaris on This American Life
They Might Be Giants--Flood
Violent Femmes--The Blind Leading the Naked
Mister Rogers--Won't You Be My Neighbor?
R.E.M.--Out of Time (ah, 9th grade)
Instant Dance--the best dance mix ever made, from my friend Tom, for a great barbecue I had on Norwood
Love Ya Much!!!--from Cat for my birthday one year
Elvis Costello--Spike
Cocteau Twins--Blue Bell Knoll (side A); Enigma--MCMXCaD (side B)
oh, man. the Sleater-Kinney tape Julia gave me sophomore year of college. with Call the Doctor side A and Dig Me Out side B, and a few tracks from To Bring You My Love inserted. oh, shit. that's good.
Bach Choral Works--a mix my grandfather made from his records once
Richard Hell & the Voidoids--Blank Generation (side A); Destiny Street (side B)
Chris' cheer-me-up mix
The Ocean Blue--The Ocean Blue
Tindersticks--Musique Originale du Film 'Nenette et Bon' (side A); Mazzy Star--Among My Swan (side B)
Pulp Fiction soundtrack (side A); Shudder to Think--Get Your Goat (side B)
They Might Be Giants--misc. T
This American Life on government secrecy, 1/17/03
and i walk through these hills in slow motion: Jeff Chan's less good tape, later
Low mix from Jeff
The Crow soundtrack
Duke Ellington, my dad's cd that I taped
Pump Up the Volume soundtrack, oy! my god.
Indigo Girls
Rocky Horror
MC Solaar--Prose Combat
The Smiths--Meat Is Murder, my first, still in my mind the best
Instant Dance vol. 2, seriously, it's the best dance mix you will ever hear, with everything you can imagine
Eccentrically Irish, Past to Present, from Dan
This American Life: War on Iraq, 1/5/03
Aerosmith--Toys in the Attic (sitting in the car on family trips)
Elysian Fields--soundtrack to the art exhibit ralph and I saw in Paris, with his phone number on a sticker on the front of the tape
Screaming Trees--Sweet Oblivion
Dan's Punk etc tape
Happy Mondays--Pills n Thrills n Bellyaches (side A); Yes, Please! (side B)
Buddy Holly greatest hits, the first tape I ever owned.

the end! I feel strangely satisfied, and also immensely aware that I need to get up and write my chapter tomorrow morning, since there are very few other explanations for this level of obsessiveness. thanks for sharing the love, o internet vastness.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
"To live is so startling. It leaves but little room for other occupations." -- Emily Dickinson