the first bin of tapes. this is so insane.
Morrissey--Your Arsenal
Lonely Men Flock to Jesus: a Mark Eitzel/American Music Club collection, from Jeff Chan, my
Internet music buddy
Billie Holiday--Lady in Autumn: the Best of the Verve Years
The Specials--Too Much Too Young
Husker Du--Candy Apple Grey
The Smiths--The Queen is Dead (side A); R.E.M.--Document (side B)
Nine Inch Nails--Pretty Hate Machine
The Trashcan Sinatras--Cake
Francis Bebey--Dibiye
The Smiths--Hatful of Hollow
Nina Simone--Baltimore (side A); Wild is the Wind (side B)
Nick Drake--Five Leaves Left (side A); Bryter Layter (side B)
Tori Amos--Little Earthquakes
John Cale--Vintage Violins (side A); Suzanne Vega (99.9F)
James Brown--greatest hits
ani difranco--Not So Soft (side A); Out of Range (side B)
Madness--One Step Beyond
Siouxsie & the Banshees--Superstition
Beastie Boys--Ill Communication (side A); Some Old Bullshit (side B)
The Church--Starfish
PJ Harvey--Is This Desire? (side A); Drunk--Raised Toward (side B)
Godspeed You Black Emperor--Lift Yr. Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven!
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now: a copy of the Smiths primer I made
Twin Peaks soundtrack (side A); They Might Be Giants--Flood (side B)
The Cure--The Walk
history repeating mix
The Smiths--The Smiths, UK release that ralph copied for me
The Strokes--Is This It (side A); Modest Mouse--Building Nothing Out of Something (side B)
Papas Fritas--Papas Fritas
for everything there is a mix tape: fall 1999
Kila--Mind the Gap (side A); Aphex Twin--Come to Daddy
Os Mutantes--Everything Is Possible!
Pram--Sargasso Sea (side A); The Sea and Cake--The Biz
not drowning, but waving: indie pop will make you happy (Amy King's mix from 96-97)
the mix Martha made for me in June 2007
me, myself, and i 2002
PJ Harvey--Dry
Sally Nyolo--Multiculti
Pavement--Slanted & Enchanted (side A; this is also the only one I've ever managed to burn on
cd--for some reason, twice); The Modern Lovers (side B)
Pavement & Friends vol. 2--Kirk's Preston School of Industry/Silver Jews mix, second round
Gastr del Sol--Camofleur (side A, one of the most amazing albums ever, which I still can't
really listen to); Stina Nordenstam--Memories of a Color (side B, fall 2000, getting chilly in
Philly)
Prince--Prince
ani difranco--Puddle Dive (side A); Black Grape--It's Great When You're Straight, Yeah.... (side
B)
Smashing Pumpkins--Gish (hot summer days)
Peter Gabriel--So (side A); Ibrahim Ferrer/Eliades Ochoa (side B)
Johnny Hartman--I Just Dropped In to Say Hello (side A); John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman
(side B; sigh, I still feel bad about this; Kirk says I kept it, but I swear to God I never found
it)
Yo La Tengo--May I Sing With Me?
torment tape
Stereolab--Peng! (side A, walking on Kelly Drive); Harmony Rockets--Paralysed Mind of the
Archangel Void (side B); Stereolab/Tortoise--Speedy Car EP (side B)
stars, when you shine ... xmas 2001 for Hope
Electro Space Time Convergence, Kristen's incredible German-Japanese electro-kraut-trance
tape
magic happens when you least expect it--Jeff Chan made me a mix just for being a fellow indie
nerd and one of my first and most angelic online friends, fall 1999
Dublin radio, 1997-1998, especially Sunday night's River of Soul and underground Phantom
radio
Albright College radio miscellany from high school (side A); Monty Python Sings? (side B)
PJ Harvey--To Bring You My Love (side A); El Viaje amazing Temple University salsa show
from 14 August 1999, when I was still dating things the British/Irish way (side B)
Lisa Germano--Happiness (side A; need I say more? I waited six weeks for this tape and the
luster was gone); Stereolab--Miss Modular/Peel Sessions (side B)
B-52s--Bouncing Off the Satellites
Pavement & Friends vol. 1--Preston School of Industry & Silver Jews from Kirk
Stella--Extralife (side A, amazing krautrock); Can--part of Tago Mago (side B)
Devo--Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo! (side A); Freedom of Choice (side B)
an actual blank tape!
The Sea and Cake--The Fawn (will never forget the first time I heard this, on one of Dan
Brumbach's nights of our regular Thursday night dinners in 1999)
brewin funk... summer ending 1998
Talking Heads--Stop Making Sense
The Gentle Waves--Swansong for You
Buena Vista Social Club
James--Seven
Morrissey--Bona Drag, which I mis-wrote so it looks like "bong drag"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(73)
-
▼
October
(44)
- how fun!
- where i'll be till i'm done or better-adjusted
- where i was two weeks ago
- at last, finally, a thesis! thank god.
- ugh
- turning to face the world
- the scansion's all off
- therapy or dissertation? vol. 1
- osingdfhgjlksdhgkljdshgkjshgsdhuoiwhwauoh gnzdjkfg...
- the last poetry post
- first one/last one/verse of the day
- wallet poems
- slightly newer stream of thought
- old poems
- seems like an oxymoron...
- talk about awkward.
- ways to push through writer's block 3
- ways to push through writer's block 2
- ways to deal with writer's block, pt. 1
- things i like
- Dear advisor,
- something
- spitfire and summary
- related issues
- yeuch
- she's lost control!
- ok, so i am sleepy
- actually writing about the book...
- Baker, Houson A., Jr. Workings of the Spirit.
- ok, that's just bad reading
- why i hate academic criticism
- footnotes = an official draft beginning
- misc
- awesome.
- streamlining
- a more proper title; tapes vol. 2
- now I just want to alphabetize it
- "rid of me" is so amazing
- i'm sorry, what did you call me--a badass?
- zoom! phew!
- Pryse, Marjorie.
- responses to Walker overview
- things my dissertation is not
- unrelated part 1
-
▼
October
(44)
About Me
- susannah
- "To live is so startling. It leaves but little room for other occupations." -- Emily Dickinson
No comments:
Post a Comment