10.13.2007

related issues

I can't figure out what it is i'm trying to argue in this chapter anymore. I took a Sex & the City break to eat pizza and now I'm totally adrift again. So I think I have to ... what? what are my strategies for figuring out what I'm trying to say? I definitely have research strategies. I will go to those.

Also, I am choosing the un-party right now in order to get this stuff done, and I am sad about it. It seems like it really doesn't matter how hard I try, I have to turn into one of those shy and delicate dissertation-writing anti-social types in order to get this done. I wanted to not do that, to have some serious balance, but it doesn't work. Only 2 hours today.

and to be honest, I also feel like I am liking getting up early more and more, and liking the responsibility and the retreat I have started to create for myself. Obviously I love to go out too. But sometimes it just feels overwhelming, and I think that's where the shy PhD student enters in--the loud noises at the bar are just a little too much sometimes.

Musing = Procrastination. Back to the center.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
"To live is so startling. It leaves but little room for other occupations." -- Emily Dickinson